Your business or organization operates out of a building that has carpet. Whether you chose carpet or not, carpet has many benefits beyond an aesthetic design choice. Commercial carpeting provides a durable and economical flooring solution that also helps minimize ambient sound. It looks beautiful and feels comfortable underfoot. Plus, it's easy to maintain.
While you need daily vacuuming and spot cleaning to keep your carpets clean and vibrant, they need something a bit more every once in a while. An occasional necessity for commercial carpet cleaning is shampooing your carpets. When your carpets are kept in the best shape possible, this improves their overall look and contributes to a healthier indoor environment.
How often should commercial carpets be shampooed?
As a general guideline, commercial carpets are often shampooed at least once every 6 to 12 months. However, in some cases, more frequent cleaning might be necessary. The correct answer for you and your business will differ from another business. Several factors contribute to how often you should have your commercial carpets shampooed, including:
- The amount of foot traffic
- The type of business you run
- The presence of stains or spills
- The age of your carpet
- The current appearance of your carpet
- What the carpet manufacturer recommends
- Whether you have allergen concerns
- The seasonal conditions of your environment
- What the overall cleanliness standards of your establishment are
With these elements in mind, we can make general suggestions to help put you in the ballpark for your particular circumstances.
Here's a breakdown of the typical carpet shampooing frequency for different commercial settings:
- Office Buildings: Carpets with moderate foot traffic in office spaces should be shampooed every 6 to 12 months. However, high-traffic areas like reception areas, hallways, and conference rooms require regular cleaning every 3 to 6 months.
- Retail Stores: In environments with heavy foot traffic, carpets should be shampooed to maintain a clean and presentable appearance. Every 3 to 6 months is suggested.
- High-Traffic Gyms: For busy gyms with heavy foot traffic and regular use of exercise machines, it makes sense to shampoo the carpets every 1 to 3 months to prevent excessive soil buildup.
- Hotels: Carpets in hotel lobbies, hallways, and shared areas can experience significant foot traffic and require more frequent cleaning. Hotel carpets should be shampooed every 3 to 6 months.
- Educational Institutions: Schools and universities may shampoo their carpets during extended breaks, such as winter or summer vacations. Depending on the level of foot traffic, carpet cleaning should be performed every 6 to 12 months.
- Healthcare Facilities: Maintaining a clean and hygienic environment is critical in healthcare settings. High-traffic areas and waiting rooms should be shampooed every 3 to 6 months.
Remember these are just general guidelines. You know your business best. Talk to the team at Stratus Building Solutions to discover the proper commercial carpet cleaning schedule for you. We use shampoo equipment that combines agitation with high-foaming cleaner that loosens and suspends soils. Contact us to request an estimate! You can also peruse our FAQ page to find answers to our most frequently asked questions.