A renovation is a boon for your business. It enhances your space to better cater to your employees, customers, and visitors. You may have expanded your retail space, improved your break room, or added to your gym. This type of construction both showcases and facilitates the growth of your business.
This is all great news, but we have to let you in on a secret that people don’t really talk about. When your construction crew is done and the the renovations are complete, they don’t always clean up their mess. Sure, they remove their tools and drop cloths, but as skilled as these workers are, deep cleaning is not part of the job description. After a construction project, regardless of the size, a fair amount of dust and residue is left behind. You don’t want to celebrate your new expansion surrounded by that post-construction grime. This begs the question:
How do you clean after construction work?
The answer depends on your space and your unique needs as a business. Typically, post-construction cleaning includes:
- Polishing Fixtures: This includes ceiling fans, light fixtures, faucets, and any item or furniture attached to your space that needs to be polished.
- Washing Walls and Baseboards: Depending on what your walls are made out of, there are a few different techniques. You don’t want to overload a sponge with soapy water and go to town. Instead, use a gentle cleaning solution to rid your walls of any dust or smudges left behind.
- Cleaning Carpets: Both standard and deep carpet cleaning may be necessary. Running a vacuum over your carpet helps, but a shampoo gets anything deep in the fibers. You can also restore your carpets with extraction cleaning.
- Deep Cleaning Tile: Remove built-up dirt, stains, and mold. You must first prepare the area, apply pre-treatments, and scrub thoroughly. It also helps to seal the tile to prevent future staining.
- Power Washing: Specialized equipment uses pressurized water to forcefully clean and restore surfaces. This is especially beneficial for the exterior and interior entrances of your building.
These are some of the most prominent post-construction cleaning tasks your business might need.
The most convenient and efficient way to clean after construction work in your business is to leave it to the professionals.
Call on Stratus Building Solutions to tackle your post-construction cleaning. We handle all of the above and more to accommodate your needs and to free up your time. This enables you to put the final touches on your space without breaking your back or buying unique products to try to clean it yourself. Your Stratus professionals already have the necessary cleaning equipment to polish fixtures, clean carpets, and perform any necessary tasks.
Visit our FAQ page for more information, and contact us directly when you need professional commercial cleaning services!