Clean floors count. In between mopping you can maintain the cleanliness of your floors with sweeping and spot cleaning, but nothing compares to giving your floor a thorough, deep-clean by mopping on a regular basis. The frequency will depend on your building and floor type as well as the amount of foot traffic the area receives. A good rule of thumb is at least once a week.
Take The Right Approach To Mopping
While mopping may seem elementary, there is a technique involved that makes a difference. You want to make sure the floors are actually being cleaned and you are not simply moving dirt around. If you have to take on the task of cleaning the floors of your business yourself, here are some basic tips to keep in mind:
- Start by moving any large furniture out of the way.
- Sweep or vacuum first to remove dirt, dust, and debris.
- Use warm water and just the right amount of cleaning solution. This will vary depending on the size of your bucket, but it is usually a very small amount to avoid leaving behind residue.
- Make sure the type of mop and cleaning solution are appropriate for the type of floor. This could be tile, laminate, vinyl, or hardwood.
- Avoid mopping yourself into a corner by starting in the farthest corner and then working your way towards an exit.
- Divide the floor into sections
- Use a second bucket of clean water for rinsing your mop.
- Maintain a good posture and use ergonomic equipment to avoid injuries.
- Go over the surface one final time with fresh, warm water to remove any residue.
- Let everything dry completely before walking on the floors.
We hope that you find these tips handy and may use them for the floors of your home as well. We also know that keeping a business clean and mopping as frequently as your building needs may not be possible for you to handle alone. You deserve to have a team that can support your cleaning needs in a manner that is sustainable and fits your schedule and your budget.
Let Stratus Building Solutions Handle The Dirty Work
The plight of proper floor care can feel relentless. Stratus Building Solutions offers janitorial cleaning to give your business the highest quality level of clean possible. You can always depend on our professionalism and expert approach. Each Stratus franchisee employs a unique wash, scrub, and dry technology that uses 90% less water and detergents than traditional mopping. Stratus also only uses certified green cleaning solutions. This is better on the environment and healthier for the people who work in or visit your building.
Turn to Stratus Cleaning Solutions for commercial janitorial services. We take on all the tough cleaning tasks, large and small, so your busines stays spotless and clean. This boosts productivity, protects your image, and frees up your time so you can focus on the business at hand. Learn more about the Stratus approach by visiting StratusClean.com.