LOS ANGELES – (April 15, 2021) – Stratus Building Solutions, the nation’s leading green commercial cleaning company, is releasing the results of a new national survey detailing how cleaning habits and expectations have changed since the beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The survey shows 90% of Americans remain concerned with cleaning and sanitizing of businesses they frequent even after they receive a vaccination. 8 in 10 of those surveyed say their habits have changed permanently and they do not plan to return to their old ways once the pandemic fades.
“We conducted this survey because we were interested to learn how the pandemic has affected our society’s relationship with cleaning and disinfecting,” said Afshin Cangarlu, CEO of Stratus Building Solutions. “What we learned is, commercial cleaning is no longer a luxury. People expect this level of clean when they walk into a business.”
The survey also reveals where people are most concerned about germs and cleanliness and what their expectations will be as the pandemic fades.
Key survey findings:
- 8 in 10 say they worry about a COVID-19 variant or something like COVID-19 surfacing in the future.
- 8 in 10 are extra cautious about germs at restaurants, retail and grocery stores and airports.
- 94% want the businesses they frequent to put an extra emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing even after more Americans get vaccinated and the country continues to open.
- 76% say they are willing to ask a business they frequent about cleaning practices even after vaccination.
- 92% say they want to be confident in a workplace’s cleaning and sanitizing procedure before returning to the office.
- 6 in 10 say they plan to be diligent because COVID-19 isn’t the only issue. The flu and the common cold are also a concern.
- 66% say they expect their workplace to be cleaned and sanitized every workday.
Please cite Stratus Building Solutions as the source for this survey. This online survey was done by a third party and was commissioned by Stratus Building Solutions. Survey participants (264 men, 244 women) have no affiliation with Stratus Building Solutions.
About Stratus Building Solutions
Stratus Building Solutions is an international franchise company in the commercial cleaning industry, founded in 2006 and headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Stratus was developed to provide environmentally friendly commercial cleaning services driven by dedicated, entrepreneurial, small-business owners and regional support offices. Stratus has over 2,000 unit-franchisees in 57 major cities across the United States and Canada. Stratus is setting new standards in the building services and maintenance franchise industry by being the first to offer green janitorial products with their proprietary, Green Seal Certified line of cleaning chemicals.